Bronze to emerald

Some of you know I had this amazing idea of taking the downstairs WC and painting it bronze. In actual fact, in my mind, it was supposed to look like hammered copper. It was going to look beautiful next to the sapphire coloured tiles.

Problem is, I've spent quite a lot of money and time on various metallic paints, and it still looks rubbish.


Not what I had in mind.

So I have given up, and instead got the people at Homebase to mix me up some emerald green bathroom paint. They have a dulux scanner which can mix you any colour you ask for in any type of paint. It's awesome.

The best part is that if they take more than two minutes to come and serve you (and they did) you get to have a 10% discount on your order.

So now the bathroom looks like this



Much better. This is a second coat. The first coat didn't go on smoothly at all. I can't decide whether that's because it was on top of a metallic paint, or whether it's because bathroom paints are more 'latexy' than standard emulsion in an attempt to water proof them.

Just waiting for the paint to dry so I can remove all the masking tape.

- Kj
Xxx
0 Responses

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...